Back to Help index
- How do I join?
- It won't accept my e-mail address!
- I lost my password. Where can I retrieve it?
- I can not log in. Why?
- How can I get a username and password?
- How do I remove saved passwords in Internet Explorer?
- I hate SPAM! How can I get rid of this stuff?
- I hate Spam! Is Dammo.com Spamming me?
- What are 'Parasites' and how do I remove them?
I hate SPAM! How can I get rid of this stuff?
Spam is a big annoyance for any Internet user. Hereare a couple of tips on dealing with Spam.
- Never respond to Spam.Don't click the 'Remove' link unless it is from a big reputable company you know like Amazon.com orAmerican Airlines. Never reply to the Spam messageitself either.
- Don't Post your Email address on your web site.If you have a website, don't post your email addresson it. Spammers collect email addresses from the internet.
- Use A SPAM filter.Most companies like AOL, Yahoo!, and Hotmail have filtersthat can help stop SPAM. Manyof these companies have tutorials on how to set-up anduse these filters on their site.
- Pick a funny email addressSpammers often guess your email address by trying out differentcombinations of common names. RobertSmith@Hotmail.com is easy for Spammers to guess. P19820606@Hotmail.com is harder.
If you are interested in learning more about fightingSPAM, try these web sites: